Thursday, March 12

Writing Prompt 1

I remembered my best friend telling me about this site that generated writing prompts for one to get started on writing. It is on this site. Well I decided to give it a shot, and this is what I chose:
"How long until you realized you had no talent or patience for this? Tell the story (true or fiction) of trying to learn a new talent or hobby that you only pursued briefly."

Ok, when I was a kid, I pretty much wanted to try all sorts of things. Of course, there was ballet. I started dancing when I was 4 1/2 years old and haven't stopped since. And my love for ballet branched out to exploring different kinds and forms of dances too. So yeah, dancing is the only talent or hobby that stuck to me all these years.

But since I did want to try other hobbies, I enrolled in a lot of classes. I had piano lessons roughly the same time when I started dancing ballet. But when I turned 6 or 7, we moved into a different city, and it was too much of a bother for me to go to my music school, as well as my ballet school. I decided not to look for another music school and instead found a ballet school. I never went back to my piano lessons ever since.

When I was around 8 or 9, I wanted to learn how to sing. So I enrolled in voice lessons, haha! But I had no patience for it too, I quickly became bored of having to stand up and sing scales and whatnot for a couple of hours a day. So after my summer session, I stopped attending lessons.

In high school, I wanted to learn how to play the guitar. So again, I enrolled in a music school. But again, I didn't last, I just finished the lessons for the entire session and never went back. And I completely forgot everything I learned there. Now my poor guitar is tucked away in my room and I haven't touched it in years.

I think it doesn't help too that dancing takes up so much of my time. All the rehearsals, classes, shows, recitals and such. *shrugs*

I think that's pretty much about it. Bottom line is, I've been trying to pursue a lot of other hobbies but its only dancing that I stuck to. :)

0 comments: